Foods That Can Trigger Vertigo
Vertigo is something that is often caused by food allergies and headaches. Doctors will often consider Vertigo as a symptom or side affect of something else brought on by food, the environment, or even medication. This is something that can become very disabling, and will affect your life if you allow it to.
Listed below are some common foods that can cause vertigo, whether that is the trigger or just a symptom of some other allergic reaction or illness. Starting with the food that you consume is a great place to begin, and is something that you can control and monitor on your own before ever having to make an appointment with the doctor. So what happens when you see some of your favorite foods on this list? Well, that is going to be up to you. Can you deal with vertigo or, perhaps do you need to change your diet? Most of the foods listed below are not what some would call 'healthy habit' foods. So perhaps this is a gateway symptom to a less-than-healthy diet.
We are all grownups and can choose what we eat, but when it affects our health and balance, it is time for a change. Try eliminating some of these from your diet, one at time and see the difference.
1. Fried Foods – Fried food should not be a healthy diet to begin with. However, you especially want to avoid fried foods if you suffer from vertigo. Fried foods are high in saturated fats and can aggravate many health issues, not just vertigo.
2. Ice Cream – one of the simple things in life is also one of the worst for vertigo. Not only is ice cream loaded down with Saturated fat, this is a food that should definitely be off your list.
3. Beer, Wine, Hard Liquor and Liqueurs: – Even though these are not foods, many people enjoy them with their meals or even on their own. Beware if you enjoy a drink, you may be setting yourself up for a fall.
4. Fast foods: Fast foods are rich in Trans fats and high in sodium, MSG, starches, carbohydrates and one should always try to avoid them. So even if you are in a hurry, better to pass up that hamburger and fries, and opt for a safer and healthier meal. Not to mention it would be very dangerous to eat food that triggers vertigo while driving.
5. Sweetened Cereals: Many processed sweetened cereals have many of the common ingredients that trigger not only vertigo but headaches as well. Stay away from the cereal aisle if you want to remain on both feet.
6. Pizza: Your favorite college food is one to stay away from due to large quantities of starch. It also has cheese, a common dairy product that can also be a trigger.
Eating healthy is always the key in avoiding illness or their symptoms. You may not avoid unhealthy foods all your life, as the tempatation is always there, but watching your diet can make a big difference.